A great way to ensure you are staying connected with communication from the school is by downloading the John Stubbs app.
Scan the QR code or find the app here: John Stubbs APP
Friendly reminder that tomorrow Sept 19th is our school picture day. Individual and class photos will be happening in the Middle School gym!
School Consent Forms
We are requesting that you access our new online consent system and hopefully agree to the terms within. The District’s online system has several electronic consent forms for you to review:
Our Consent Portal can be accessed HERE and include the following consent forms:
- General School Fieldtrips
- Consent for class walking excursions/short off campus outings.
- Google apps for Education
- A district-managed Google Apps account providing students with a powerful collection of online productivity tools as well as online file storage.
- Click HERE for detailed instructions on how to set up your student’s GAFE account.
- My Blueprint
- A platform for career education, digital portfolios and self-assessment of core competencies.
- School Cash Online
- Consent to have access to the KEV Group School Cash Online for the purpose of student fees and online payments.
- Your child’s teacher is planning to use an on-line tool called SpacesEDU as part of communicating student learning for your child this year. You can visit their website at https://spacesedu.com/en/
- NA’TSA’MAHT Indigenous Education Self-Identification
- In addition to the indigenous content delivered within classroom curriculum if you child self-identifies as having Aboriginal ancestry, in-class support is available weekly.
- Internet Access*
- Access to the school sponsored internet.
- Media Consent*
- Consent to collect, retain, use and disclose photographs, videos, images of students in a variety of publications and on the school district’s website for educational purposes, such as recognizing and encouraging student achievements.
* Must be completed each school year
School supply lists for all grades
Before You Register:
Transportation is available to students who meet the eligibility requirements listed in Policy F-100 – Transportation.
Eligible riders are considered to be those students travelling to their catchment school or students attending an educational program of choice or academy program not offered at their catchment school.
Educational programs of choice are defined as:
- French Immersion
- Trades Awareness and Skills Knowledge (TASK)
- Nature Kindergarten
Within catchment areas where safe routes to school have been identified; bus transportation services will not be offered by the District.
Please note that registering your child does not reserve a seat on the bus, rather it provides the transportation department information to determine the service level requirements and your eligibility.
Students who qualify for busing for the 2023-24 school year will be notified of their busing information via email in July 2023. As transportation sorts through registrations, they will notify students who do not qualify for services as soon as possible.
Registration opens on March 1, 2023 and is open until April 30, 2023. Kindergarten and in-district families are expected to register during this window so that our Transportation Department can determine service levels and assign routes.
Registrations received on or after May 1, 2023 are timestamped and placed on existing routes pending availability on the route and on a “first come, first serve” basis.
New students to the district that register for transportation will be placed on existing routes pending availability on the route and on a “first come, first serve” basis.
After You Register:
Our Transportation Department receives a high volume of calls and emails. Please do not email or leave messages multiple times regarding the same question or concern as it hampers our ability to process and respond in a timely manner.
If you have registered for transportation services and you have not received an email by Monday, August 7, 2023, please email email@example.com.
If you are approved for services, there is a bus safety enhancement fee of $25.00 used to improve the safety for students and staff engaged in district transportation services. This is an individual fee charged annually to each rider who registers for transportation services with the district.
As part of the registration process, you must acknowledge and agree that you and your child(ren) will follow the School Bus Rules. We encourage parents/guardians to discuss the rules of the bus with their child(ren), failure to comply with the school bus rules may result in a suspension of riding privileges.
How to Register:
To register for 2023-24 transportation services starting March 1, at 8:00 a.m., please visit: School Bus Registration 2023-2024 | Sooke School District (sd62.bc.ca)
Please keep your contact information current with your school including your email and phone number. Our Transportation Department relies on this information to contact you.
We have a few volunteer opportunities coming up, so if you are interested in helping, please email our PAC President, Alison Jopp at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Popcorn helpers. We need people to pop popcorn every Tuesday for the school year. We will train you and set you up for success, you just need to be available Tuesday mornings from around 8am to 11am. This will be a rotating schedule, so depending on how many people sign up would be how often you would help!
- Emergency lunch helpers. We would love some help making sandwiches for students who may need a lunch throughout the day. This is also a rotating schedule and would take about 20 minutes on the days you are scheduled. It must be done by 10am on the day you are scheduled and we will train you!
- Popcorn supply shopper: we need someone to hit up the Warehouse Store in Esquimalt a few times a year and purchase kernels and bags. We will provide a list and reimburse you for your purchases.
- Popcorn lead contact: this would require you to be available in case a scheduled helper is sick, or to provide help if a situation arises. You would be the main point of contact should a volunteer have a question, so a flexible Tuesday schedule would be ideal, but not totally necessary.
If any of these opportunities sound like a match for you, please email Alison at email@example.com to discuss further.
Looking forward to hearing from you! -Alison