Sept 10 message to families
Bonjour John Stubbs Community (In-school and Remote Learning)
Our first day has gone very smoothly! Thank you to EVERYONE who used the new ‘Kiss and drop’ and who parked further from the building so that our younger students could park closer. Thank you to our PAC members Melissa and Alison for helping parents at the kiss and drop. What our staff saw today was our family community pulling together to keep everyone safe. Un grand MERCI!
The parent handbook has been updated. It will continue to be updates as we see what needs to be communicated more clearly, or if we have to add some details to clarify. Updates will be highlighted to that you can find them easily. This is a live document, so we will edit it as we go along in the school year. Remember to check it every week!
Here is the LINK to the handbook. Save it for future use!
Here is what has been added this week:
REMOTE LEARNERS: During the month of September, you will continue to get messages for your child’s official teacher. This is so that you can follow what is happening should you wish to change your mind.
Kiss and Drop. – STAY IN THE LINE until the exit so that there is less chance of accidents.
Staggered Departure Times (end of day)
To limit the number of people in our hallways, as well as on our sidewalks and playgrounds, we have a plan for the end of day pick up.
The departure group schedule are as follows:
- 2:30 = Siblings Grade 3 to 8 siblings pick up younger siblings (including KG) at their classroom to go to the bus line up or leave the property to meet their ride home parked in your pre-arranged place.
- Grade 2 to Kindergarten siblings Children leave with the rest of their class at the time below.
- 2:35 = KG and Gr 2
- 2:40 = Gr 1, 4, and 6
- 2:45 = Gr 3 and 7
- 2:50 = Gr 5 and 8
END OF THE DAY PROCEDURES
Meeting Zones (Zones de rendez-vous)
Map of Meeting Zones
- These are where children go when they arrive at school in the morning.
- These are also where they go at the end of the day to leave school.
- Please know that the classes on the field may be moved to other locations as we adapt to the weather.
Kindergarten to grade 2
- Caregivers are able to enter the school property to where their child is lined up. Please leave promptly, please don’t linger, once you have your child(ren). We ask that you teach them to be independent and learn to walk to their meeting spot by themselves in the morning.
- At the end of the day, you can enter the property so that the teacher knows you are there to hand the child to. Then leave promptly.