Reunification Drill – Wedensday June 12, 1:30pm to 2:50pm.
THANK YOU in advance to all the parents, guardians and friends who are able to participate in the Emergency Reunification Drill this week.
- Weather will be warm and sunny – please make sure your child(ren) has/have a hat, water bottle & sunscreen.
- This is a great opportunity to ensure the other emergency people listed on your contact list are aware of this process. The process is on the website in the reunification drop down menu.
- If you are not able to pick up your child(ren) for this drill, they child will be released, as normal, at 2:50. After school care continues as normal. School buses run as normal. Teachers will walk the students down to the courtyard for usual pick up once the bell rings.
- If you live within walking distance, we suggest you walk to the school.
- PARKING: Expect traffic congestion at the school, please consider alternate parking areas in the community. Walk to the school from a little farther away. After consultation with our Military Police Liaison Officer, we have some suggestions for parking. Ideas for parking:
- The old fire hall parking space next to the Canex store.
- Outlying roads such as: Forward Drive, Meade Avenue, Baillie Avenue, Lascelles Crescent.
- The parking lot at the church on Galiano Crescent.
- Please remember to follow the laws regarding parking and to not block the community’s driveways.
We thank you for your support in this drill. It is a chance to see what needs to be improved. It will help us prepare for a real emergency.